Monday, November 10, 2014

Embarrassing Myself Once Again

I'm still pretty new at this blogging thing, and I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do, but I'm just gonna wing it. I'm trying me best to just be myself here, but usually when I try at that is when I get the worst results. I'm sure I'll hit my stride.... Eventually.... I actually have a funny story about that.
So I run cross country at my high school and I'm a junior this year. There was a butt load of freshmen that joined the team this year and I usually try to be an impressionable and responsible leader for the people in my workout group. I actually tried way too hard to be a good example and whatnot and I made myself look like a complete idiot in front of this one particular freshman I was trying to impress. His name was Ryan and we are actually pretty good friends now. He rides my bus and we talk every morning at the bus stop. Anyways, I always acted like I was the big shot leader and everything but then I ended up being the slowest person in the group and it was pretty embarrassing. He probably hated me in the beginning, but then I stopped caring about what people thought about me, and now I'm on good terms with everyone and everything's fine and dandy. Well, everything except I'm still really slow. Oh well ;P I'm mostly there for the fun and the boys anyways. (And by boys I mean one boy in particular if ya know what I mean ;) Just kidding. Cross Country people (at least at my school) are the most goody-two-shoes people you will ever have the privilege of meeting.
I guess what I'm trying to say is; I really hope I hit my stride soon. So let's strike up a deal: I'll try not to try too hard (hehe that's an oxymoron) to be too likable and just be myself, and hopefully you guys will figure me out and get all my jokes sooner or later. Cause, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I'm a pretty hilarious person. Hopefully all the people who said I should do this weren't trying to trick me into embarrassing myself, like I apparently have a habit of doing. Then again, who doesn't like to embarrass themselves on the Internet??

No comments:

Post a Comment